While most of us are enslaved by the endless commitments from work, friends, and family – it becomes difficult to watch over what we’re eating as we tend to turn to things that are conveniently easy to access and are readily available everywhere, at any time. In other words, fast food. Junk. Anything unforgivably oily. We stress eat. It’s inevitable – but it sucks.
Now what are we going to do about that? How are we going to change this unhealthy habit? The only way is to find time. Find time to make home cooked food. Prepare your meals. Teach yourself to “Meal Prep”. Who says meal prepping was exclusive to bodybuilders and anyone on a strict diet? In fact, meal prepping is a great way to keep track and remain conscious of the things we consume and put inside our bodies. We owe it to ourselves. Just some things to consider:
Fat loss. Being able to prepare your meals ahead of time gives you no excuse to binge eat. Your portions are fixed and ready. This does not only spare you from the stress of having to cook on an empty stomach, but it saves your waistline as well.
You can save a lot of money. Meal prepping allows you to buy items in bulk and take advantage of your freezer and storage. So when the grocery says sale, don’t be afraid to stock up on the staples since you can always freeze them until they’re needed. Eating healthy doesn’t need to be expensive.
You can earn a lot of money. A business idea: offer community meal prepping to your neighbors, or your colleagues, or even go metrowide! Dedicating some time of your free time weekly to prepare your meals for the week to come does not have to come in small batches. In fact, it might even be more enjoyable and rewarding to think big – to cook for a whole town!
Meal prepping doesn’t have to be treated just as another project, but a lifestyle change. One that can even provide you the extra cash. If you wish to start your own business, here’s a few things to accomplish before beginning:
- Brainstorm and write your business plan. Know what you need and plan how to get it. Oversee all the possible problems and get ahead of the game!
- Register your business. Nobody wants to run an illegal business. Make sure to register your business before starting to avoid any legal problems down the road. Better safe than sorry!
- Find your space. You don’t need a fancy kitchen, just look for an ample place that can accommodate all your ingredients and products.
- Create your daily menu. Find and test your recipes beforehand to create your ideal daily menu. It might be best to have options for each meal in case you encounter picky customers or those with particular allergies.
- Advertise and Market your product. Here’s the fun part. It’s time to spread the news. Create a status, make a poster – let your community know about your meal prepping service.
- Hire your delivery guy. If you’re too busy to do this yourself, find someone who can lend you a hand. Best to hire someone to deliver the daily meals to keep your product fresh!
It’s never too late to start – It’s time to save hours and some dollars!