Is it one of those days where you feel stuck and utterly unmotivated to do anything productive? Maybe it’s time for a break. These films will speak to your adventure seeking heart and inquisitive mind so “sit back, relax, and enjoy the movie”.
- Wild – based on a true story, Wild preaches the sheer willpower than people have when they strive to overcome the challenges the face. The main character of the film, portrayed by Reese Witherspoon, takes on the experience of hiking on her own in the hopes that she rediscovers herself in the process.
- Eat Pray Love – this is for all those who do not have everything figured out and feel like their life is coming apart at the seams. The movie is based on Liz Gilbert’s book on how she uses her time in different countries to find herself. From this movie, you can mirror her ways of appreciating the little things in life like a well cooked meal or a breath of fresh air, and some time away to put things into a better perspective.
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind – for all the broken-hearted, this is the movie for you. Let this film remind you that love is indeed, not the easiest thing to handle in life, and things do not always go the way we plan.
- The Devil Wears Prada – this lighthearted film can teach you a thing or two when it comes to how much importance you put to your career. Starring Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep, the movie proves that life will always force you to make difficult decisions that can either make or break you.
- Dead Poets Society – a classic. The movie reveals the pains and tribulations when growing up and feeling that everything is within arms reach, only to be beaten down by life’s harsh realities. Robin Williams serves as a guiding light – a beacon to kids who need a reminder that braveness and persistence can get us to where we want to be.